27 Series Floor Closer
Doors: Interior or Exterior
Door Weight: Up to 450 lbs.
LAP: Less All Parts (closer body only)
Order the closer body only (LAP), or the entire package for a new installation.
NHO vs SHO Non-Hold Open vs Selective Hold Open
Selective Hold Open can be turned ”on” or ”off”
90 vs 105 Door opens to 90 or 105 degrees
Finish View finishes in ’’Images’’ tab above
(only required for complete closers)
Handing Left Hand vs Right Hand
Product Description & Features
• Built-in positive dead stop prevents door from swinging beyond the desired opening degree (specify 85, 90, 95 or 105°)
• Separate and independent valves for closing speed, latch speed and backcheck
• Delayed action available-prefix “DA”
• Available non hold-open (NHO), automatic hold open (AHO) or selective hold open (SHO) at ame degree as dead stop
• Models available to meet ANSI A117.1 pening force requirements. Prefix “PH”
• Cold weather fluid available-specify “CWF” (not available for closers with “DA”)
• Sealed closer available-specify “SC”
• Available with floor plate or threshold installation (floor plate shown)
• Available 1-1/2″ offset, see page 12
• Cycolac cement case
• Vertical door adjustment
• Standard top pivot: #180 included
• Intermediate pivot required: M19 (order separately)
• Doors up to 90″(2286mm) in height should use one intermediate pivot. Each additional 30″(762mm) warrants another intermediate pivot (order separately).
Q27 – Model Q27 has a special bottom arm that is shorter and surface mounts. The shorter arm reduces the door load to 350 lbs. maximum, but adds the benefit of being able to remove the closer without completely removing the door. We stock a few Q27 units in 626 finish only.
L27 – L stands for Lead Lined doors. An X-Ray room in a hospital would be a typical use of a lead-lined doors. Many times these doors are thicker than the standard 1-3/4”. You must specify door thickness when ordering these closers. All L27 models are ordered from the factory with a 2 week lead time.
H27 – This model is a heavier duty version of model 27. It uses a different arm, top pivot and bearing package to support doors up to 850 lbs. These are available from the factory with a 5 day lead time.
PH27 – PH stands for Physically Handicapped. The spring inside a PH27 closer is smaller which allows the door to be opened with less force. In short, it allows doors to meet ADA requirements. It is designed for interior doors only.
Be careful before ordering a PH closer. It often causes more problems than it solves. The spring is designed to require 5 lbs. of opening force or less. But closing is the problem. Air pressures can change inside a building making the door hard to latch. Many times the light spring will not latch the door every time if there are air pressure issues.