The 8600 Series closer represents the next generation of door control designed to exceed the demands of today’s buildings. With features like the full range spring power adjustment, the 8600 Series closer provides the flexibility needed to meet the many demands of commercial and institutional applications, including ADA barrier-free accessibility requirements.
This door control also features a backcheck positioning adjustment for parallel arm applications, to maintain an ANSI backcheck range similar to regular and top jamb applications. The modern slim cover, flat form arm, and architectural finishes provide the aesthetic qualities required of architectural grade closers. In addition to all of these superior features, the 8600 Series is backed by DORMA’s unprecedented 25-year warranty.
• Available as 8616 closers for interior and exterior doors. Meets barrier-free requirements (adjustable size 1 thru 6).
• Non-handed for regular, top jamb and parallel arm applications.
• Adjustable backcheck standard. Controls opening motion during abusive or abrupt opening.
• Backcheck positioning valve standard. Maintains effective backcheck range on parallel arm applications. Valve is accessible with the closer installed.
• Optional delayed action adjustable with a separate independent valve. Delays door closing to allow unobstructed passage through the opening.
• Slim plastic cover standard. Full plastic or metal cover optional.
• Designed to minimize change in closing speed during severe temperature changes.
• Aesthetically pleasing and easy to adjust steel flat form arm assembly.
• A full complement of optional arms, plates, and brackets available for special applications.
The DORMA 8600 Series is listed by U.L. and C.U.L. under their continuing reinspection programs. The 8600 Series is certified to the requirements of ANSI A156.4 Grade 1. Meets the requirements for UL10C and UBC 7.2 (1997) for positive pressure. Meets ANSI A117.1 and ADA for barrier-free accessibility. California State Fire Marshall (CSFM) approved.
The architectural grade 8600 Series is a non-handed surface applied door closer with adjustable spring power and backcheck positioning adjustment. Adjustable hydraulic backcheck will take effect at approximately 70º. The 8600 has two independent, noncritical adjustment valves to control sweep and latch closing speeds. The backcheck positioning valve assures an effective ANSI backcheck range on parallel arm applications. All closers to have field adjustable spring power from size 1 to 6 and meet barrier-free requirements. Closers to have a slim plastic cover and a wide range of arm options.
The 8600 Series closer will have optional delayed action (DA). Delayed action range will be effective from maximum opening to approximately 65º. All 8600 closers to have full metal cover (FMC) or full plastic cover (FC). All 8600 closers to have sex nuts with machine screws for 1-3/4” door (SNB1) or 1-3/8” door (SNB2). Closers to have self-tapping screws for metal doors and frames (TPK86). Closers to have TORX security for all exposed fasteners (TX86).
Warranty: 25 years.
Standard Sprayed Finishes:
Bronze: 691 (Dull), 690 (Statuary), or 695 (Dark Duranodic).
Optional Plated Finishes:
Brass: 605 (Bright) or 606 (Satin).
Bronze: 611 (Bright), 612 (Satin), or
613 (Oxidized Satin Oil Rubbed).
Nickel: 618 (Bright) or 619 (Satin).
Chrome: 625 (Bright) or 626 (Satin).